How to Maximize Your Plastic Surgery Consultation
- Posted on: Aug 15 2014
Often, men and women who are interested in having plastic surgery will look for information online and scour Internet forums, social media, and other sites that offer information regarding the procedure of their choice. Although there are some websites that provide reliable information, a majority of the information online cannot be trusted and may be misleading at times.
Here at our Las Vegas plastic surgery practice, we encourage those who are looking into having cosmetic procedures to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Herte. A personal consultation with a plastic surgeon is a chance for you to share your personal cosmetic goals and discuss your best choices of cosmetic treatments to achieve your desired outcomes. Your consultation allows you to tap in to, not only the focused education and information base of all of Plastic Surgery, but also the wide experience of your Plastic Surgeon. She can screen and select the information that applies only to you. In addition, a consultation is your opportunity to carefully consider a surgeon’s credentials, personality and experience and decide if you’re comfortable with the idea of building a lasting relationship with her.
By and large, you can maximize your plastic surgery consultation in the following ways:
- Find out about the plastic surgeon’s practice philosophy when making your decision. Is the philosophy in line with what you are looking for in a plastic surgery provider? Dr. Herte has her practice philosophy proudly displayed in her office.
- Be specific with your cosmetic goals and preferences. During your consultation with Dr. Herte, she will ask you detailed questions to help identify your priorities, your lifestyle, as well as your expectations for results. Our Patient Care Coordinators can also share before-and-after photographs to help you picture your own possibilities.
- Be open to other alternatives. While you may already have a procedure in mind, Dr. Herte may see a different and perhaps more effective way to accomplish your goals. A personal consultation is an opportunity for you to learn more about your personal options.
- Don’t hesitate to ask. Before your consultation, consider compiling a list of questions. It will be easier for you to make an informed decision if you have sufficient knowledge of your options. Dr. Herte’s Patient Care Coordinators are very knowledgeable about her techniques and procedures. You will receive a lot of information prior to your consultation regarding your interest and the process in general. The goal of the consultation is to create a specific and personalized treatment plan for you.
- Tour the plastic surgeon’s office and facilities. This will provide you with an opportunity to check for accreditation and whether or not the facilities have met certain standards. Dr. Herte’s office and private surgical suite are licensed and accredited.
What are you waiting for? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Herte today by calling us at 702.732.9600 or receive more information by filling out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!