4 Steps to Finding the Best Facelift Surgeon
- Posted on: Aug 22 2014
If you type best facelift surgeon in Google, there’s a huge chance you’ll come up with claims from doctors ranging from dentists to plastic surgeons all over the country that they are the best in performing the procedure. However, knowledge on separating fact from fluff will actually make it easier for you to figure out who really is the best face lift surgeon in your area. Read on below to learn how!
1. Check the plastic surgeon’s credentials to perform a facelift.
A reputable face lift surgeon will see to it that their credentials are available publicly or by request. A board certification in plastic surgery will ensure that the surgeon has undergone the necessary training and has acquired sufficient knowledge in performing a facelift. In addition, these surgeons are required to continually educate themselves with the latest surgical techniques and/or technologies in the procedure.
Dr. Herte is the first Nevada Woman Plastic Surgeon to become Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, she is well respected for her surgical expertise and experience. She is heralded as an educator and patient advocate, and belongs to many prestigious professional organizations including the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and the Association of Women Surgeons.
2. Find out about the plastic surgeon’s experience in a facelift procedure.
Find a surgeon that has spent a considerable amount of time in performing facelift procedures and similar facial rejuvenation procedures. You can ask to view before-and-after photos that are specific to the procedure. Dr. Herte’s patient care coordinators will be happy to review before and after photos with you.
3. Ask for referrals or recommendations from people you know. Ask friends, family and health care providers for referrals if you are comfortable with doing so. Often times, this is the best referral source for a good plastic surgeon. Most of Dr. Herte’s referrals come from other satisfied patients by word of mouth.
4. Set up a consultation to get the information you need in person from your Plastic Surgeon. If you feel that the surgeon is not keen in listening to your concerns and queries but is rather pushing you to make a hasty decision, it’s a good sign that you should keep looking. Expect full attention and enough face time to really communicate what your needs are and what you are trying to accomplish. Pay close attention to how the surgeon’s staff handles your initial call as well. It’s usually a good way to judge how the consultation process will play out. During Dr. Herte’s consultation process expect to be at her office for approximately 1 – 1½ hours depending on your needs.
5. Consider the Plastic Surgeon’s attention to facial balance when consulting with you. In face lift and facial rejuvenation surgery, facial balance and an artistic vision are essential to getting your best result. Your surgeon should point out any differences between the 2 sides of your face and any areas that may distract from your final result if they are not addressed. Your final result should be one of harmony not just imposing a specific procedure.
If you are interested in learning more about the facelift procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Herte today by calling us at 702.732.9600 or receive more information by filling out this contact form. We look forward to helping you look and feel your best.